Psoriasis on the body
Psoriasis is the most common chronic skin disease that can appear at any age. The majority of patients is fair-skinned people from 16 to 22 and 57 to 60 years.
According to recent studies, psoriasis refers to systemic autoimmune diseases, although the cause of the disease is not established.
The disease can occur in mild, moderate or severe form (severe form often accompanied by psoriatic arthritis, which can lead to disability).
Psoriasis on the body depending on the type of rash can be:
- Vulgar (simple, ordinary or tabula). Is the most common form by which various parts of the body appear dry, slightly raised above the skin surface small, dense, red and hot spots (papules). The papules in most cases occur on areas of skin that are exposed to friction (waist, stomach, etc.), mechanical injuries, burns or exposure to low temperatures (hands). With the development of the disease the papules coalesce into large, чешуz covered with silvery dry plaques and in severe disease platelets are formed from a whole plate ("paraffin lakes").
- Pustular. This severe form of the disease begins with the appearance on the body of small vesicles which contain clear, sterile fluid. Skin in the affected areas red, thickened, swollen and easily peels off. If the disease occurs in a limited form, the rash appears mostly on the legs and forearms, and in the generalized form of small pustules merge into larger and spread throughout the body.
- Teardrop (point). In this form of the disease, the lesions spread throughout the body. Psoriasis on the back, hips, limbs, neck and stomach is manifested in the form of numerous red or purple small dry spots, which resemble dots or drops. This form first occurs in a patient after suffering a strep infection.
- Inverse (psoriasis bending of surfaces). Elements of the rash in this form of disease are smooth red patches that are not peeling and almost never rise above the skin. It usually appears psoriasis on the priest (in the folds), in the groin, under the Breasts and in the armpits. Inverse psoriasis may be complicated by a fungal infection and strep pyoderma due to sweating and friction in the affected area.
The appearance of the psoriasis rash on the body associated with an inflammatory process in the skin. Inflammation provokes rapid reproduction of skin cells, overgrowth in the upper layer of the epidermis of the small capillaries and the withering away of the top layer of the skin.
The reasons for the development of the inflammatory process is not fully established, but it is known that psoriasis is provoked by certain factors:
- stressful situations (mental or physical stress);
- dry skin;
- household chemicals, cosmetics, and other external irritants;
- Smoking, alcohol, excessive hygiene, mechanical trauma (factors affecting the condition of the skin);
- the use of certain drugs (beta-blockers, anticonvulsants, etc.);
- climate change;
- infectious and allergic diseases.
Psoriasis can't be completely cured, but symptomatic treatment, which is conducted at the initial stage of the disease, you can prevent the spread of the inflammatory process.
Looks like psoriasis on the body at the initial stage of the disease depends on the disease:
- In tabula (vulgar) psoriasis on the body appear small pale pink papules that resemble an allergic rash. The skin around the papules becomes swelling, itching, and papules gradually transformirovalsya into plaques, which are covered by a cornification of the cells (silver scales).
- When pustular psoriasis on the body appear bright red patches of inflammation, which appear small, fluid-filled bubbles, gradually increasing in size (usually primary cells pustular psoriasis appear on the buttocks and in the genital area).
- In teardrop form on any part of the body appear red spots (I can recall drops), no larger than a grain of lentils.
- The reverse form of psoriasis in the natural folds of the skin appear red spots with shiny smooth surface (similar to plaque psoriasis the scales are missing).
Elements of the rash may look like dots, drops or round plaques. Rashes can wear a single character (typically, these lesions are symmetrical), or to form rings, arcs, and "maps" with uneven edges.
Under the influence of stimuli plaques become convex and becomes cherry-red, when old psoriasis is observed cyanosis of the elements of the rash and severe infiltration.
For psoriasis characterized by a fluctuating course – periods of the lesions, their growth and intense peeling are replaced by stationary and regressing stages (new elements are not formed, and existing gradually disappear).
The diagnosis is made based on psoriasis of the triad that occurs when light poskablivanii the affected area. Observed phenomena:
- stearin spot;
- terminal protectors;
- point of bleeding.
Psoriasis on the body is treated with:
- Local preparations. At the initial stage it is possible to use non-hormonal ointments (sulfuric, salicylic, etc.). From psoriasis on the body effective based ointment of tar. In the absence of effect ointments containing corticosteroids .
- Systemic therapy. Apply a retinoid , which reduces the reproduction rate of skin cells, immunosuppressants, which reduce immune activity , and cytotoxic agents, inhibiting the rapid growth of skin cells .
To treat psoriasis on the body is at home with the help of various ointments, lotions, lotions, baths, decoctions and infusions.
Good effect of photochemotherapy (PUVA therapy). Also used magnet therapy, bee venom therapy and other physiotherapeutic methods.