The first signs of psoriasis on the elbows and treatment at home
The disease, which is characterized by the appearance of multiple spots in place of the bend of the limbs, characteristic of the unpredictable and cyclical. The elbows psoriasis is a chronic skin disease that begins with the appearance of papules and increasing to plaques (large diffuse lesions) with scales of white, silver, reddish shades. Slightly raised damaged areas are formed due to accumulation of dry dead skin cells. If the inflammation is not treated, the disease will progress with alternating periods of exacerbation and remission.
When the elbows form a crust, then notice the damaged skin. The signs are clearly visible immediately and completely cured the psoriasis in the field of bending of the hands rarely. The chances of a successful recovery is in the patients, which promptly went to the doctor. Concern should be breaches of the condition of the skin on the elbows, which are similar with the following symptoms of psoriasis:
- Red plaque or flaking spots, which at first is similar to a papules with a white film, as well as exacerbation and development of the disease they expand, connect to each other, covered with white scales.
- Itching, which causes more skin damage. Like other mechanical skin damage, e.g., scratches, cuts, such inflammation elbow brush, injure the skin, and this leads to appearance of new spots.
- Severe redness, inflamed areas of the skin begin to bleed.
Plaques on the elbows
Psoriasis can occur in the groin, on the trunk, limbs or head but where the disease or to localize, its a sure sign – plaque. Sores on the elbows in the form of red spots with white scales occur more often because of the openness of this area of skin because it is easily damaged. Modified part of the epidermis is inflamed, red, peeling spots gradually increase and may cover the entire elbow. When running the form the plaques can bleed if you try scraping appears the phenomenon of the "stearin spot", after the droplets to solidify the wax.
Scientific studies that continue to be carried out, yet are unable to confidently determine the origin of the disease, and among the medical versions of the reasons of psoriasis in the region of the elbow are:
- Genetic predisposition is an important statistical factor. If one parent has the chronic inflammation of the skin, the greater the probability that the baby will also get psoriasis.
- The contact with specific substances, penetrating through the injured skin. The affected area of the epidermis starts thickening, the body begins to deal with abnormal symptoms and rejects cells that externally manifests itself as a fungus on the elbows.
- Disruption of T lymphocytes facing the task of creating a barrier to pathogens.
- The shortage of silicon in the body.
- Endocrine diseases.
- Severe trauma to the extremities.
- Strong mechanical damage, non-healing wounds.
- Emotional, mental stress.
- Long-term use of medicines.
- A weak immune system.
Chronic inflammation on the elbows, which, under the influence of a number of reasons that increases, then decreases, without a proper treatment progresses. Therapy should be administered by a dermatologist, but to determine the effectiveness of the method of selection of medicines, treatments the doctor needs to assess the disease. Further tactics will depend on the clinical picture, while decided to allocate the following stages of the skin lesions on elbows psoriasis:
- Initial. The surface of the skin on the outside of the elbow is covered by a rash. Reddish spots round shape with a white film growing, covered with scales, and 2-3 weeks formed plaque. With timely treatment the signs of psoriasis can disappear for a while and then reappear, or the lesion may occur on another area of the body.
- Progressive. To characterize this stage of the disease can psoriasis is the presence of items with multiple scales. The emergence of such symptoms indicates the beginning of exacerbation of psoriasis, and it is easy to notice the presence of congestis rim (redness) on the edge of the scaly plaque.
- Stationary. It is characterized by a decrease in the inflammatory process, which indicates the effectiveness of treatment. The appearance of new plaques on the elbows stop, around the psoriasis of the elements is missing the red bezel, the diameter being reduced, but the scales fully covers the inflamed area.
- Regression. Evidence of partial recovery, while peeling almost unnoticeable or disappears, on the site of the plaques appear pigmented areas of the skin. Further measures will be aimed at prevention, prevention of exacerbations of psoriasis.
Undulating course of the disease, when spontaneous period alternates with improvement, is not the only part of the insidiousness of psoriasis. The nature of the lesions depends on the severity of the inflammatory process, another important factor is form. The localization of lesions on the elbows is often found simple (vulgar) type of the disease, which is characterized by redness, flaking, itching. Advanced forms of the disease lead to complications and the emergence of pustular, erythrodermic, seborrheic type of psoriasis – when they will expand the area of destruction.
How to treat psoriasis on elbows
Effective therapies are, but completely clear skin on the elbows will not work because psoriasis belongs to the group of incurable diseases. The whole system of complex treatment will be aimed at maximum elimination of external signs. The duration of remission depends on many factors, and to eliminate the manifestation of psoriasis, it is recommended to build a treatment plan with the use of such basic techniques as:
- local treatment (ointment, cream, lotion);
- a special diet;
- vitamin, mineral complexes.
Quick way to get rid of the unpleasant symptoms of psoriasis – local treatment. To facilitate the removal of dead skin cells, moisturize the skin on your elbows are called ointments with vitamin D, zinc, tar, with more severe forms of the disease helps to cope with hormonal agents. Corticosteroids are relatively safe if applied by the doctor, who examined the psoriasis plaques on the elbows, assessed the condition of the upper layers, the scale of the defeat. Enter hormonal ointments in the treatment regimen can only dermatologist, self-medication is strictly prohibited!
The popular treatment
Compresses, lotions, decoctions, baths for can be considered no less useful in methods of treatment of psoriasis. If plaques on the elbows covers white film, at home removal of itching, redness conveniently carried out by immersing the affected areas for 7-10 minutes in a cool herbal solution. The composition should be selected individually, brewed with boiling water, but avoid hot baths. Among the useful for psoriasis herbs called:
- the celandine;
- chicory root;
- the Valerian root.
There is no evidence to suggest that psoriasis will take place on its own, but to self-medicate is also not necessary, because there is a risk to aggravate the course of chronic disease. The removal of the inflammatory process is the first step on the road to recovery because long-term remission will have to follow some recommendations of doctors. To avoid exacerbation of psoriasis, you must follow these preventive measures:
- follow the right diet;
- to exclude the use of alcoholic beverages, alcohol, sweets, spicy foods;
- sleep, the period of duration of sleep should be at least 8 hours a day;
- to avoid mechanical damage of the skin trauma;
- to monitor the internal state of the organism;
- develop the ability to withstand stress;
- to support the immune system, guarding against infectious diseases;
- minimize contact with household chemicals.